Friday 15 June 2012

Thought Provoking Words....


Rather than give a full review of last week's cooking course at Cafe Clock I thought instead I would share the words of someone much wiser than me. This moving piece was written today by a six year old Korean student in my class who started learning English last summer. This was her final piece of writing for the year and it was completely free choice, the product of which is a heart warming and thought provoking tale. For effect I have copied this as written.

Three Seeds

Once upon a time there was a great beautiful field full of flowers named dandelions. All the mother flowers were ready send their baby dandelions. 
 
One day three dandelion babys told their wish to their mother. The first one said “My wish is live rich forever.” The second one said “My wish go for a big trip.” The third one said “My wish make poor and beautiful people's hearts rich". 
 
The first and second one's dreams didn't came true. But the third one's dream came true. She sat on a windowsill and there lived a girl named Irli and a mother named Wali lived there but they were poor and also nice. Their heart was nice but the just didn't thought they were rich. 
 
The girl and the mother saw the seed and grow it. They understand that they are rich even though they are poor. 



I would like to take credit for this beautiful piece, but the credit is all down to a very dedicated and hard working young girl. It genuinely brought tears to my eyes.

No comments: